- Tested Minecraft Versions:
- 1.13 1.14 1.15
- dredge20 – Origional Author | rmellis – Update Author
Updated for Spigot / Paper 1.13.2 – 1.15.2
BetterBroarcaster is the best choice for automatic server announcements
I have been maintaining this plugin for personal use since it was abandoned on bukkit back in 2014, Over the years people from other servers have asked me where to get a good automatic broadcaster that simply uses chat, with a custom delay and in a none random or even random order.. But a lot of the modern ones don’t seem to just have these basic features.
To help anyone needing a basic chat announcer.. This is the Best choice! Its simple, lightweight, has no limit on announcements and my personal favorite feature, it uses the dollar symbol ($) instead of &, this makes it much easier to Wright your sentences in color and be able to use & inbetween. Color and formatting codes
Below is a screenshot of the console showing the 4 example messages.
Below is a basic example of what you can do
- Very lightweight.
- Use automatic broadcasts to inform your players about your website, voting page, or any other information.
- Broadcast as many messages accross the server as you like
- Broadcast at a interval that you configure
- Uses “$” rather than “&” makeing it easier to use “&”
- Broadcast in any minecraft supported color you like (using $<color code>)
- No limit to the length of your broadcasts
- Broadcast in a randomized order or in the set order
Code (Text):# ThankYou for useing BetterBroadcaster!
- Place the ‘BetterBroadcast.jar’ file in your plugins folder
- Enable the plugin (or start the server) to generate default config file and config folder
- Open ‘plugins/betterbroadcaster/config.yml’ in a text editor
- Edit the config to your liking (see Configuration for more info)
- do “/bb reload” in game or “bb reload” in console to reload the config
# in minutes, how long should the delay between messages be? (“delay: 3” = 3 minutes)
# should messages be broadcast in a random order? (yes/no)
# —> COLOR CODES <—
# BetterBroadcast uses the $ symbol for color codes, This
# makes it easier to use the & symbol in your announcements.
# ╔════╦════════════╗ ╔════╦══════════════╗
# ║ $0 ║ Black ║ ║ $k ║ Ender Text ║
# ║ $1 ║ Dark Blue ║ ║ $l ║ Bold ║
# ║ $2 ║ Dark Green ║ ║ $m ║ Strikethrough║
# ║ $3 ║ Dark Aqua ║ ║ $n ║ Underline ║
# ║ $4 ║ Dark Red ║ ║ $o ║ Italic ║
# ║ $5 ║ Purple ║ ║ $r ║ Reset ║
# ║ $6 ║ Gold ║ ╚════╩══════════════╝
# ║ $7 ║ Gray ║
# ║ $8 ║ Dark Gray ║
# ║ $9 ║ Indigo ║
# ║ $a ║ Lime Green ║
# ║ $b ║ Aqua Blue ║
# ║ $c ║ Light Red ║
# ║ $d ║ Pink ║
# ║ $e ║ Yellow ║
# ║ $f ║ White ║
# messages to send
– $6$l$oBetterBroadcaster $f$l$o>$r $eHello! $aThis is an example from the Default Config!
– $6$l$oBetterBroadcaster $f$l$o>$r $aYou can edit these messages in the $e’plugins/betterbroadcast/config.yml’$a file.
– $6$l$oBetterBroadcaster $f$l$o>$r $dYou can put as much as you want in the config. &bor as little..
– $6$l$oBetterBroadcaster $f$l$o>$r $eBecause $6BetterBroadcast $euses the $6$ $esymbol for color codes, $dyou can easily use $c&$4&$6&$e&$a&$3&$9& $dsymbols together in color text
- bb.* – Allows use of all bb permissions (defaults to OP)
- bb.force – Allows use of the “/bb force” command (defaults to OP)
- bb.help – Allows user to see the plugin in /help (defaults to OP)
- bb.list – Allows use of the “/bb list” command (defaults to OP)
- bb.reload – Allows use of the “/bb reload” command (defaults to OP)
- bb.add – Allows use of the “/bb add” command (defaults to OP)
- bb.remove – Allows use of the “/bb remove” command (defaults to OP)
- /bb – Show help
- /bb force – Force the next message to be broadcasted
- /bb force <messageID> – Force the message with messageID to be broadcasted
- /bb list – List all the messages in the broadcast config and their messageID’s
- /bb reload – Reloads the BB config and restarts the timer
- /bb ? – Show help
- /bb add – Add an message to the broadcast config
- /bb help – Show help
- /bb ls – List all the messages in the broadcast config and their messageID’s
- /bb remove – Remove an message from the broadcast config
- /bb rl – Reloads the BB config and restarts the timer
- Added list of color codes to default config
- Added support for formatted text $m $n $l $o $r
- Fixed support for international characters
- Fixed “randomize” config value
- Fixed “bb.force” permission
- Fixed ability to broadcast to a specific group of players via permission nodes